Production Manager - Ayr
Best in Knowledge
We've built a knowledge of beef processing that enables us to deliver the exact cut in the exact quantity whenever our customers want it.READ MORE
"We recognise our success depends entirely
on us attracting, developing, and retaining talented people”
Stoddart’s, a leading Scottish beef processor with an unrivalled reputation for quality, are recruiting Production Operatives with knife skills to join the team at our beef abattoir facility in Heathfield Industrial Estate, Ayr.
- Lead the team to achieve departmental objectives, on a day-to-day basis, by providing direction, instructions and guidance.
- Drive throughputs and efficiencies, maximise yields, minimise waste and downtime, and ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure run integrity.
- Ensure stock controls are in place and remain effective for all products and materials.
- Ensure full traceability is sustained on all Company products.
- Utilise computerised system of business to manage daily activities.
- Identify and implement solutions to problems at an early stage, to prevent issues escalating unnecessarily.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Engage, support and motivate individuals and the team to perform at their best.
- Where there is a departmental Trainer in place, support them to continue to deliver training interventions to a high standard, which enable the department to meet its objectives and the business its goals.
- Where there is not a departmental Trainer in place, identify training needs, plan, conduct and administer programs that train employees to improve their knowledge and skills, to enable the department to meet its objectives and the business its goals.
- Work alongside and communicate effectively with other departments.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with staff in the department, in particular ensure they receive regular feedback on departmental performance (on daily basis), individual performance (on weekly / ad hoc basis), and general business performance (on monthly basis).
- Promptly report any maintenance requests to the Engineering department, and liaise with them to get issues satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner.
- Pro-actively deal with any concerns relating to individual performance, conduct, attendance, in line with Company's standard HR procedures, and handle employees' grievances in line with the Company's Grievance Procedure.
- Escalate unresolved issues / concerns to the departmental manager.
- Lead by example, demonstrating the Company's values at all times.
- Champion a 'Right First Time' approach to all activities within the department.
- Engage and support the Health and Safety Manager during risk assessments and investigations as well as providing a healthy and safe environment for staff and visitors.
- To be responsible for analyzing and authorizing your departments wages and overtime on a daily/weekly basis using the Isys system.
We are happy to have Stoddart's as a supplier who delivers what we agree every single time, and for that reason they are the Best in Beef.