We've come a long way since we started in the 1950's with a small operation in Edinburgh's municipal abattoir, today we process up to 1000 head of cattle per week. Our 250 employees, many of whom have been with us for over 20 years, bring with them an unrivalled set of butchery skills and knowledge that enables us to offer a very bespoke product offering to each of our customers throughout the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
From our abattoir situated at the heart of cattle country in Ayrshire, we supply our Primary Butchery operation and Further Processing facilities just out side Edinburgh with the very best Scotch Beef. This enables us to consistently select beef to meet each of our customers individual requirements, be this with cattle breed, fat cover, internal marbling, dry aged or even animals from a specific farm.
Stoddart's was founded in 1959 as a multi-species butchery supplier located in the municipal abattoir in Edinburgh. By 1993 the business had expanded to a level that saw the addition of a state of the art boning plant being opened at Broxburn. In 2000 the group added its own abattoir at Ayr with the capacity to process over 1000 head of cattle per week.
Fifteen years later the owner Neil Stoddart decided to retire and spent a considerable amount of time ensuring that his company was sold to the right people, who held the same values as he did. In November 2015 the business was sold to Manifesto Foods.